We respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your Personal Data. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Data Protection Principles
- Data Subject’s Rights
- Data we gather
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else can access your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- How long we retain your Personal Data
- Children’s privacy
- Transfer of your Personal Data
- Cookies and other technoilogies we use
- Contact information
Personal Data : Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing : Any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject : A natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child : A natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us : KM ORIZZON LTD
Data Protection Principles
We shall follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
In the circumstances and under the conditions, and subject to the exceptions, set out in applicable laws, the Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records However, we may not always be able to comply with a request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. You can exercise this right whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to lodge a complaint– meaning you have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with the Data Protection Commissioner of Mauritius (“DPC”).
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above or need any clarification thereon, please contact us. We would appreciate the chance to deal with any of your concerns before you approach the Data Protection Commission, so please contact us in the first instance. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within 1 (one) month. It may take us longer than 1 (one) month if the request is particularly complex or if you made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Data we gather
We only collect the information that we actually need.
Information you have provided us with
This will be your company name, e-mail address, telephone number and name. This information is necessary for delivering you a service or enhancing your user/customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with for communication and marketing purposes.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, etc. This information is used to improve your user/customer experience. When you look at the contents of this Website, your activities may be logged, that is basic information like how you got to this Website, where you navigated within it, and what features and settings you use. We use this information to improve our websites and services.
How we use your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to, (i) on contractual necessity, (ii) on legitimate grounds not overridden by your data protection interests and/or (iii) with your Consent.
We use your Personal Data on leMost commonly, we will use your Personal Data in order to:
- to communicate with you in relation to our products and/or services; communicating and interacting with you to provide any information that may be requested regarding our products and/or services;
- enhance your user/customer experience;
- to identify you;
- to communicate either for advertising or sales, by sending you personalized offers, product presentation emails, newsletters and campaign offers (from us);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
- to administer and analyse our client base (browsing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your browsing behaviour to be our legitimate business interest.
We Process your Personal Data to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to delete Personal Data gathered and to use any such data.
You can decline certain kinds of information use either by not providing the information in the first place or by opting out later.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers, and limit access to our trusted partners who have a legitimate need to use it, in view of rendering the service to you possible or to enhance your user/customer experience. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our preferred Service Providers (such as IT systems suppliers and support, and other service providers who facilitate our service, and to provide the services on our behalf, or to perform certain activities relating to our services, or to assist us in analysing how our services are used). We require from these Service Providers (i) to respect the security of your Personal Data, and to treat it in accordance with the law, and(ii) not to use your personal data for their own purposes, and (ii) only to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your Personal Data safe. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
In particular, our preventive and protective measures include:
(i) the pseudonymisation and encryption of Personal Data; and
(ii) the ability to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services through our disaster recovery management procedure.
Even though we try our best, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will our preventive and protective measures to try to prevent unauthorised access..
However, we shall notify you and the DPC of a breach where we are legally required to do so without undue delay upon becoming aware of a Personal Data breach.
How long we retain your Personal Data
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
We may retain your Personal Data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Where you have consented to receive updates and similar materials from us, any Personal Data held by us for that purpose will be kept by us until such time that you notify us that you no longer wish to.
This Website does not target Children with our products/services.
Transfer of your Personal Data
We will transfer Personal Data , after all necessary appropriate consents from the Data Subjects and notices are in place to enable the lawful transfer of Personal Data for the duration and purposes of the services provided by us.
Personal Data may be stored or Processed outside Mauritius, in countries where we engage with service providers for the purpose of providing back-up, storage, technical or data security services.
We ensure that Personal Data is protected as per the applicable law requirements.
Whenever we transfer Personal data, we ensure that a similar degree of security and protection is afforded to it.
If you are located outside Mauritius and choose to provide your Personal Data to us, please note that we will protect your Personal Data in accordance with the applicable laws in Mauritius.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer which allows a website to recognise a previous user and to observe how a user navigates within a website. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by this Website. You can control your cookies at the browser level but please be aware that choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions of the Website. See here for more information:
https://cookies.insites.com/about-cookies/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on this Website, such as logging in. They are essential for this Website to function as expected. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of this Website and services
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings: https://cookies.insites.com/disable-cookies
Data Protection Office
5th |Floor, Sicom Tower, Wall Street, Cybercity, Mauritius
Phone: +230 4600251
Our contact information
Phone: +230 4676550
Last modification was made 21.12.2021